Search This Blog

CONTACT

Send Davina your news and comments blogger@somersetartworks.org.uk

22 September 2010

One afternoon SAW challenge: Venue 5

Phew! This was the last venue I visited on my afternoon challenge. I had set myself the task of trying to visit as many venues in Taunton on foot as possible and this was the sixth one I had made it to in the space of four hours. I would have done more but time at this point was against me (well that and the fact that I was hungry...).
Anyway, so here I was at my last but not least venue of the day,
Venue 5: Rachel Hartland
http://www.somersetartworks.org.uk/openstudios/hartlandart


All six venues I visited this afternoon were really interesting to see and I particularly enjoyed the ones where I met and spoke to the artists. Having the opportunity to meet and learn about the kind of work produced in Somerset (in this case particularly around where I live) is very useful to me as an artist and inspiring to see some of the innovative ideas and places they work in. It has also made me even more aware of how invaluable it is for artists to receive feedback and have discussions with visitors to art weeks and I'd encourage people to visit studios and exhibitions more often.

I plan on going to visit many more venues during the rest of art weeks so watch this space.....

No comments:

Post a Comment